wholesome homemade delicious

Friday, September 17, 2010

In the Kitchen

When I am preparing meals, I cook using only the gentlest procedures. Majority of the fruits and vegetables I make are steamed. Steaming is an especially good method because the food does not come in direct contact with water, which can take away nutrients.

Roasting is another great method for baby's food. Most of the meats and root vegetables are prepared this way. Roasting ensures that the food can keep all of its natural flavors.

Homemade foods are more nutritious for a variety of reasons:

It is completely unadulterated. I never use any fillers or preservatives.

It's more versatile. You can add breast milk or formula for extra nutrition. As your baby grows, you can make his food just as thick as he can handle thus helping his eating skills progress.

Jarred baby food is heated to extremely high temperatures during processing, which destroys certain heat-sensitive vitamins.

Of course, jarred baby foods are more convenient but that's where I can help. I prepare the most nutritious foods for your baby and deliver them in a safe manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment